Monday, August 11, 2014

SOS14 Garden Party Dress

I already love Oliver and S and have for a while now. When they released 2 new dresses I had to scoop them both up. First one I sewed up was the Garden Party dress. It has so many options it feels like, short sleeve or sleeve less, tunic/top or dress.



Lisel at O&S has amazing instructions. She might be one of my favorite in terms of instructions. The finished garment looks professional and complete.

I knew I wanted to make this one for Avry, something about it called out to her. I happened to have a yellow floral fabric with matching plaid that would look divine on her. I also wanted short sleeves, something she could wear in summer yet still have some shoulder coverage. Poor girl is just like her mama and she burns if there is a forecast for sun. 

I did add a little bit of length to this, I ended up making her a 5 I think with a 7 length.



I used her tutorial for making a thread chain. Since I do know how to crochet I did crochet mine with a crochet hook.




I see many more of these in the future..

Have a great day,
Kristen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment