Monday, September 9, 2013

Those skinny W pants

Seems like forever ago I was telling you about these fabulous W pants I made for Lily. Guess I forgot to show you.

When the ABC collection was being sold I managed to snag the patterns on one of the last sale days. It is a purchase I will never regret. In the pattern set I was The W pants from Blank Slate.

Let me tell you her attention to detail is AMAZING!! She leaves nothing out. The instructions are clear and concise! Full of pictures and extra helpful tid bits. And options!!

I used a lovely black stretch sateen I purchased at Joann Fabrics. I want these pants for me!!

I went with a non zippered welt back pocket.


 I did alter the legs of these to make them a skinny fit. In order to do that, I traced the smallest size leg width and the length of the size 8 for her. They fit her amazingly if I must say so!!

 
 
Nice side pockets which I chose to add grommets to make them look more professional. As you can also see I added zippers to the inside leg for her as well.
 
 
 
 Because she is a skinny little lady I also added back elastic like the Coastal Cargos has. Once I pick up more button hole elastic I will surely make them more adjustable. But for now I made the elastic a little longer and I can pick stitches and let some out if she ever grows out. lol



I cant wait till it is cold enough for her to wear these to school. They fit her better than any pants I have ever purchased and we both love them.

I can not RAVE enough about blank slate patterns. If you haven't tried one, you are missing out. Its a purchase you wont regret.

Have a great day!

Kristen



http://www.flickr.com/groups/elementarysfk

1 comment:

  1. These turned out so cool. I am seriously contemplating a pair for myself now. For real.

    ReplyDelete