Friday, September 13, 2013

Small Boy sewing

Poor Little Man is feeling so left out when it comes to some Mama Made digs. As he puts it I always sew for the girls and NEVER so for him.
Cant let that happen!

I think from now on it would be best to alternate who I sew for each time so everyone gets a fair share of mama made.
With our cool weather coming I made LJ a few long sleeve tops. First up is The Recess Raglan from SeeKateSew.


 
 
I love everything about this pattern! The sleeve has length options for elbow length and long sleeve. The main body is longer which is a favorite of mine. There is nothing worse than a too short shirt!
 



I chose a chocolate brown striped knit and a muted teal for this top and LOVE the combo. Not to mention the stripe is dreamy soft. I am not sure where I got it from but its amazing. I wish I had more. The solid is from Joann Fabrics.



The fit, the instructions, the options. It is all part of the perfect package!! A+ Kate!
I already have another cut out for my daughter to make into a dress!!


Next up I went with The HangOut Hoodie from Peek a Boo pattern shop.




It comes in sizes 6monthes up to a 10. Finally something bigger than an 8. I can see myself getting lots of use out of this one. This particular pattern has a dress and shirt option so its great for girl and boy.


Her instructions are clear and easy to read!  I went with a thinner blue stripe and black interlock. Perfect for layering!



I chose to add the bottom band as a personal preference, it is not part of the pattern. I simply cut a piece the width of the hood band and a few inches shorter than the body giving it extra length. My opinion is it would have been a smidge short if I hadn't added the band, and would have seemed it was missing something. I think the black hem band brings it all together.

 
This small boy loves the pocket and hood! Love the pattern and actually have a dress cut out for my daughter as well. Another great pattern Amy. I give this an A- (only gave a - from personal preference of the hem band)
 
The Small boy is thrilled if you couldn't tell! I really should sew for him more often.
 
That's all for now!
Have a great day.
Kristen
 

 
http://www.flickr.com/groups/preschoolsfk

No comments:

Post a Comment