Friday, September 20, 2013

Pippa Tunic

I have to be honest, when the Pippa first came out I wasn't overly impressed.  On a CKC facebook group someone mentioned making it with corduroy and pairing it with leggings and boots so I went and had another look, especially on the other photos from testers who completed the garment. Once seeing those I was sold.
Nine times out of ten it is the fabric that makes the pattern what it is. Yes we can sew from any fabric we have to make things but it is the fabric that makes a pattern most desirable in my opinion.
The Pippa is a circle dress made from woven fabric with a shirred empire belt line from Create Kids Couture. It is offered in sizes 6 months to an 8.

It is recommended for the intermediate sewer so it may have lacked a few things for a beginner (*which I am not) This is a personal preference from few patterns I have written, I like to provide information so even a beginner wouldn't be afraid to try it. Just simple things like a pattern lay out or notes on assembling the pattern, again my personal preference. As you can see I did figure it out just fine.

I did alter my version for Lily, I did a tunic version so I cut the length of a 5t with the 7/8 width.  I also topstitched my front placket since I didn't have fusible web and used light weight interfacing instead.  My first line of shirring started 1/2 inch lower than recommended because I didn't like the idea of it so high up and into the placket area. My personal preference. That is the beauty of sewing you change things to make them more suitable for your needs.


When I did decide to make this I envisioned it going with anything and everything. Colored skinny
jeans, her boots and when its colder layered over a long sleeve shirt. When its warmer, perfect over a bathing suit for playing, fine for getting wet and quick to dry.

 


My little lady LOVES it and so do I.




We paired this with a shabby chiq headband that I made her.

 
 
Despite my personal preferences I had with the pattern I still really like. The pictures and pattern where clear and I had no trouble understanding the directions. Pattern lined up nicely when taping together. It was a very fast sew. Great job CKC for offering a fresh new pattern. I give it an A.
 
Next I have my eye on Coco's petti skirt. But we shall see.
 
Hope you have a great day.
 
Kristen
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment