Sunday, August 4, 2013

Carlie's Dolman Top.

Recently I came upon a new pattern released. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it and was actually the first to purchase it. I was definitely NOT stalking the release... Ok maybe a little!

I introduce you to Carlie's Dolman Top.  Right now it is offered in sizes 12month -a tween/teen 20. The ladies version is coming soon from what I hear. She offers 4 different options. A crop top, a high/low, a hemmed option and a banded option.
 


I taped it all together this morning and cut out my fabric. I ran a few errands and came home to sew it. It was a super quick sew.
The pictures and instructions are clear and it is easy to tape together.
For my fabric I chose one of those Joann's red tag gems, the rare nice item you can find in the red tag section.
I chose to do view C, the banded hem.


 Due to the fact that my fabric was a lace sweater knit I wanted to do a binding on the neck and sleeves so it wouldn't unravel. To do the neck I simply cut 1/2" off the neck line and cut a piece of ribbing that was 75% of the original neckline. I cut the same for the sleeves, but did not cut any off the sleeves.

 
 
I found this to be a super cute and simple sew. My daughter loves it. I can picture this in the winter with a long sleeve top under it. Its cute, stylish and the fit is spot on.
 
 
Kymy was a gem to work with as well. She is sweet and offers any help that you may
 need.
 
 
I see many more of these in the future for my silly girl! She already has the next one planned out. But first I may have to make her sister one.
 
 

Have a great day and please try Carlie's Dolman Top. Its a must have in my opinion. Carlie's Dolman gets an A+ in my book!
 
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment