Friday, September 21, 2012

Fashion Icon sewing

This week over at Project Run and Play the theme is Fashion Icon sewing. I searched and racked my brain to find something age appropriate to sew for one of my littles. Then I came upon this.

Audrey Hepburn In Paris, her little black dress. I was sold. Her style , femininity and simplicity of her ensambles is breath taking. I got to work. I knew I wanted a 50's inspired dress, and a boat neck. I searched through my patterns and remembered the Precious Dress from the Scientific Seamstress . I chose this pattern as a base because I wanted the skirt to fall at her waist or hips with a fitted bodice.
Here is my version.
   
 
 
I had to alter the neck line and size but it came out stunning. I adore it as does she. She truely does look like a little Audrey in a modern day little black dress.
 
Have a nice day,
Kristen 

1 comment:

  1. SO Cute!! I love the way you did her hair. Definitely Audrey!!

    ReplyDelete